Thursday, July 30, 2009

Convicted kidnapper mocks 25-year sentence as 'cakewalk'

From the Daily News by Scott Shifrel:

"That's all you're going to give me?" Jason Page, 34, ranted at Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Danny Chun during the bizarre hearing.

Page was found guilty in June of abducting and torturing ex-gal pal Denetria Council (pictured to the left) last year, tying her to a crib and whipping her with an electrical cord.

He showed no remorse - just sarcasm - as victim impact statements were read at his sentencing.

"Give her a round of f---in' applause," he shouted while clapping after Council's mother, Crystal Wright, called him a "sick, brutal monster."

"Let the whole f---in' family speak," Page thundered.

The Bushwick man caused an uproar during his trial when he burst into tears and berated prosecutors after they put his 10-year-old daughter on the stand to testify against him.

But that was nothing compared to yesterday's dramatics.

"Y'all deserve some Emmys and Oscars," Page sniped after prosecutor Edward Purce asked the judge to give him 40 years in prison.

He even shouted down his own lawyer, accusing him of mumbling and demanding he sit down.

He saved the worst for last, hollering as court officers surrounded him and Council's family yelled back.

"You think I'm just going to do something like that to nobody for no reason?" the potty-mouthed perp yelled at the crowd.

"That b--- drove me crazy. Every day lying to me, lying to me. Drove me crazy. Give me my f---in' time and let me get out of here."

The judge obliged, slamming him with 25 years as Page continued to yell.

"That's all?" he shouted. "That's all you're going to give me. That's a cakewalk."

The court clerk began explaining his right to appeal, but Page cut her off.

"You have a right to leave me the f--- alone," he shouted as he was led out by officers.

Council - who had told the court how Page treated her like "an animal" and scarred her from top to bottom - shook her head as she left.

"That's just the way he is," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment